Ageing gracefully starts with a healthy mindset and clarity on what you’d like to achieve for your body and health. Here are some tips to help you commit:
- Set small, achievable health-promoting goals.
- Prepare what you need. For example, have your running shoes or yoga mat ready; leave your prescription and supplements on the bench; allocate yourself time for you.
- Visualise achieving your goals, mentally repeating the process in your mind. You can do this!
- Then…just do it! Remember, new goals take time to become habits; so if you are concerned you might slip, don’t stress – just start again the next day. Practice makes perfect!
–Resveratrol: Found in red grapes, blueberries and the herb polygonum, this effective antioxidant helps with longevity by protecting your cells from free radical damage.
–Curcumin: The main constituent of turmeric has been used traditionally for skin and wound healing; and may also aid in chronic disease prevention due to its valuable antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
–Quercetin: This potent bioflavonoid may help support the integrity of blood vessels and help keep your cardiovascular system healthier.
-Talk to your Practitioner about healthy ageing and the best herbs and phytonutrients to help you increase your antioxidant status.
- Enjoy two serves of fresh fruits and at least three cups of colourful vegetables daily – to give you the nutrients that will promote a healthy body.
- Include protein-rich foods with every meal and snack – to aid tissue repair and help stabilise your energy levels.
- Include healthy oils, nuts and seeds in your diet – to support healthy memory and glowing skin.
- Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water daily and avoid excessive alcohol, as hydration is essential for healthy skin as well as optimal brain function.
- Enjoy a ‘freedom meal’ once a week. Allowing for an occasional treat helps create a balanced lifestyle.