Most of us love coffee a morning coffee. The taste, the smell, the ritual, the social aspect and of course the wake up! Unfortunately, coffee has many poor health side effects which are important to become aware of. Coffee dehydrates the body, increases anxiety, promotes poor sleeping patterns, raises blood sugars and adds to any acidity in the body.
Our team at Life Synergy along with many others have just completed their 21 day Ultimate Cleanse where no caffeine was allowed! Coffee is generally one of the hardest things to stop consuming. We feel fatigued, foggy headed and so often people suffer from terrible headaches. Having a 21 day cleanse or detox from caffeine is so important as we need to allow our bodies a break from the toxins and stimulants we continuously put inside.
One of our Naturopaths and Acupuncturists Sandi Ross came up with some wonderful coffee alternatives so we can still enjoy a morning beverage and not feel like we are missing out! All Sandi’s recipes are tasty, nutritious and so quick and easy to make!
Healthy Ice Chocolate (Serves 2)
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1-3 teaspoon of maple syrup
- (Optional: small handful of ice)
- Blend and serve!
Matcha Latte (Serves 2)
- 1 tablespoon of Matcha powder
- 1 cup of coconut milk- warm or cold
- Blend and serve
- 1/2 cup of Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- Simmer together on the stove
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Mix all together and store in a jar in the fridge
- To make- take one teaspoon of the golden paste and add to warmed or chilled coconut milk
As difficult as detoxing from coffee can be, we recommend regular cleansing from caffeine- your body and your mind will thank you and will lead to greater wellbeing.