WINTER IS HERE
Every winter when you get sick, you tell yourself to be more prepared next year. As soon as someone sneezes at work, school, or home, you find yourself with yet another cold or flu. Protect yourself and your family with the tools to build strong immune defences to reduce your risk of getting sick. If you do get sick, a strong immune system will also reduce the severity of your cold and flu symptoms, and help to speed your recovery.
NATURAL MEDICINES TO PREVENT AND TREAT SYMPTOMS
There are many Natural Medicines that are beneficial in preventing, treating and shortening the duration of colds and flus.
– Zinc: Optimal levels of zinc in the body have been found to inhibit the common cold and influenza viruses.
– Vitamin C: Vitamin C supports healthy immune function by enhancing the activity of your immune defence army of white blood cells; also reducing severity and duration of symptoms.
– Probiotics: These friendly bacteria live in your digestive system and enhance health, and even immunity. By providing healthy gut immunity, you are providing the best defence against inhaled and ingested pathogens.
– Andrographis: This powerful herb stimulates the body’s natural immune response, and significantly reduces the duration of colds. You or your loves ones can take this herb as a preventative to keep your immunity strong; it can also be used acutely as soon as you get cold symptoms.
LIFESTYLE AND DIETARY RECOMMENDATIONS
Incorporate these handy tips into your life to improve your resistance and support recovery from colds and flus:
– Rest! Give your body a chance to gather strength and make sure you get a good night’s sleep.
– Eat warm, nourishing foods. Homemade chicken soup can help break down mucus that often comes with colds and flus. If you don’t have an appetite, the broth alone will provide minerals and vitamins to give you strength
– Eat foods such as garlic, ginger, onion and chilli to help fight off illness, warm you up and reduce inflammation
– DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!